Things to know before booking your function at Melkbos Function Venue.
- Melkbos Function Venue is situated in a rural area with surrounding houses and is available until midnight, music must be turned down at 24:00.
- No loud music allowed outside.
- No refuse removal on the premises and black bags and refuse need to be removed by yourself.
- All hiring items, decor and left over food & beverages must be removed from the premises, after the function or latest the nest day before 10:00.
- Melkbos Function Venue must be left clean and as found.
Venue hire includes.
- For 100 guests seated with a dance floor.
- 100 plastic chairs & 10 tables.
- Use of the venue, garden and parking area.
- As per pre arrangement with management.
River & dam area.
- IMPORTANT! Please note that swimming in the Melkbos Function Venue river and dam is STRICTLY prohibited. We cannot guarantee the levels of purity and quality of the water.
- Please ensure that no bottles, cans, etc is thrown into the river or dam.
- Children need to be under the supervision of an adult at all times as there are no restrictions around the river and dam areas.
Important please note the following.
- If you would like to pitch up a tent, this needs to be discussed and approved by management. No damage to lawn area please.
- NO DRAPING from outside vendors unless confirmed in writing by management.
- Because we love the environment no plastic or paper confetti is allowed on the premises. Only natural items like flower petals and bubbles.
- The use of balloons can only be allowed inside the hall area, no balloons on the outside area due to balloons being popped and cause a danger to small animals on the farm.
- There is a very strict no parking or driving on the grass areas, we work very hard to keep the grass in a good condition and would need your respect and co-operation in this regard.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES may any items be attached to the walls, floors or roof. No double sided tape, nails, screws etc, if damage to the painted areas occur we will have no other alternative but to repaint and bill you accordingly.
- Due to a high fire risk - NO FIREWORKS, Chinese lanterns, fire pits or SPARKLERS are allowed to be used on the premises and no candles to be used outside.
- If you make use of hay bales, all hay bales must be removed at the end of the function or with the other equipment by 10:00 the next day. The area where used must be raked and left in the same state as found.
- If you have smokers at your function, the use of ashtrays are compulsory, NO CIGARETTES to be thrown on the grass area.
- All equipment, decorations, etc must be removed from the premises by 10:00 am the next day after your function. We cannot store hiring equipment and/or personal belongings. Anything left behind on the premises will be at your own risk.
- We do not have staff that can receive your rental items on your behalf. You are responsible for your entire function.
Booking & Payment.
- 50 % non-refundable deposit is due on confirmation of booking. A signed copy of the Terms & Conditions to be emailed or completed online with proof of deposit payment to the accounts department at email@example.com
- The balance of payment to be paid twenty one (21) days before the function date and to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- R2 000 refundable breakage deposit is due with balance payment twenty one (21) days before the function date and to be emailed to email@example.com, please make sure you complete the banking detail form below in full for us to do the refund.
- Confirmation of electronic payment is required and proof emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be NO refund of the 50 % deposit if function is cancelled. If your function is cancelled three (3) months or less before the function, the full invoice amount is due and non refundable.
- A final invoice will be given seven (7) days after the function with all costs related to shortages, loss, damages, additional expenses and costs incurred by the function venue on request.
- IMPORTANT. When a payment is made your DATE OF FUNCTION and NAME must be used as reference. We can not be held responsible for allocating your payment incorrectly if the correct reference is not used.
- All cancellations must be advised in writing.
- 50 % Deposit will be non refundable, less than three months prior to the function date the full amount will be due.
Right of admission.
- Right of admission is reserved and will be strictly in accordance with the contract.
- No unauthorised persons, goods, weapons, etc will be allowed on the premises.
Risk, damage & losses.
- Melkbos Function Venue does not take responsibility for any loss or damage to the client's property.
- It is strongly advised that all personal and valuable possessions, equipment, decorations etc. be removed from the premises immediately after the function.
- Melkbos Function Venue cannot be held liable for any interruption of water, power, sanitary or other similar supplies.
- The client shall be liable for any costs occurring due to loss or damage to the property, premises or equipment of Melkbos Function Venue during or resulting from the function. You will be responsible to meet your vendors at the premises to collect their hired items. No staff of Melkbos Function Venue can be appointed for this.
- Melkbos Function Venue, it's management, staff or anyone acting on their behalf at any function cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever.
By completing this form, I herewith confirm the booking of Melkbos Function Venue as set out above. I have read and understood the above Terms & Conditions and I undertake to adhere to the Terms & Conditions. In my personal capacity I guarantee payment of all money owed as a result of this agreement.